* CURIOUS AND CURIOUSTY
*KidZania is an education and entertainment
*KidZania in about 20 cities and 16 global markets
*KidZania is the fastest growing global edutainment brand
Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Educational methods include storytelling, discussion, teaching, training, and directed research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of educators, but learners may also educate themselves. Education can take place in formal or informal settings and any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational.
We have this opportunity with Miss.Pradnya Gaikwad, KidZania Ministry of Communication , to talk about background,KidZania experience……
- Can you tell us about Kidzania?
KidZania is an education and entertainment indoor theme park that allows children to role-play adult activities in a replica city designed to simulate real-life and a functioning economy – aims to help children develop a sense of vocation and learn about the adult world and how a real city works. Through ‘role-playing’, children become more aware of the realities of the actual world.
KidZania is a nation where children can lead independent lives and understand the world of grown-ups better, by being grown-ups themselves.
Kidzania Mumbai was launched in 2013 by none other than Shah Rukh Khan. The 75,000 sq ft property is located at R City Mall, Ghatkopar and is a must visit stop for kids and parents alike.
- What is the Main objective of Kidzania?
KidZania was founded in Mexico City in 1997 by a young entrepreneur, Xavier Lopez, who dreamed of creating a place where kids could have fun while enjoying real-life experiences. KidZania is about real-life experiences, empowering, inspiring and educating kids through role-play. Every kid dreams of being something important as an adult, and as life goes, those dreams are lost if not nurtured and encouraged. The KidZania environment is designed to remind kids that life is about options, and to reach as high as possible. KidZania believes that kids can make a difference. Their objective is to provide an environment that empowers them to explore, challenge themselves and open their minds to new experiences. This makes KidZania a unique educational city which stimulates creative thinking and boosts self-esteem and self-confidence levels.
- Can you tell us about the activities for Children in Kidzania?
Children can role-play over 90 different professions in 60 different establishments and get to dress up as their chosen occupation. Such as being a chef, pilot, surgeon, nurse, lawyer, fire-fighter, police officer, actor, reporter, artist, courier-man, newscaster, photographer, etc. The various professions children can experience fall under several categories: Media, Arts and Culture, Retail, Private and Public Services, Sports, Food and Beverage, Construction and many more. Many school activities can be derived from the visit, including homework, research projects, exhibition of works and more. The end result is that through the participation in these activities, kids’ Psychomotor, Cognitive, Emotional and Social skills are enhanced. At Kidzania Mumbai, kids can explore becoming chefs, store managers, journalists, producers and even Mumbai’s very own dabbawalas! Children can also experience local establishments like the Bollywood Acting Academy and the Pottery Studio.
- Kidzania is very important project, do you think in the future there will be any co-operation with Lebanon on the same Project?
KidZania is currently present across the globe, in about 20 cities and 16 global markets. KidZania is the fastest growing global edutainment brand and it aims at reaching out to all children across the globe. As this is what KidZania envisions, we believe that it would enter the Lebanese market soon as well.
- Concluding remarks
KidZania will soon have a facility operational in Delhi NCR by around May 2016 and we are hoping we can reach out to as many kids in the country as possible. It is note worthy that classroom syllabus can also be applied through activities in KidZania. For e.g.:
– Language – In the press room, TV studio or radio station, children can apply specific learning related to language, such as the structure and editing, and selection and organization of text, at the same time incorporating the use of vocabulary and grammar.
– Mathematics – The monetary system in KidZania (the use of kidZos) exposes children to the application of math as soon as he arrives – the child has to work with additions and subtractions upon the earning or spending of their kidZos. In other activities such as the culinary school, painting school or arts & crafts school, children will have to apply their knowledge of weights, measures, shapes and colors – effectively practicing their calculations and measurements to carry out displacements.
– Science – Professions in the Hospital of KidZania will enable children to learn the main physiological and anatomical characteristics of the human body and at the same time reinforce the idea that its (the body‘s) good
Performance depends on preservation of health and physical well-being.